Details for Facts on Tinnitus
- 90% of tinnitus cases occur with hearing loss.
- Tinnitus is sometimes the first sign of hearing loss.
- 25 million to 50 million people in the United States experience tinnitus to some degree.
- Approximately 16 million people seek medical attention for their tinnitus, and for up to two million patients, debilitating tinnitus interferes with their daily lives.
- Impairment of auditory activity and tinnitus are more likely to occur in Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans than post-traumatic stress syndrome.
For more information about healthy hearing, call Mike Sloniker of Siouxland Hearing Healthcare at (712) 258-3332. Siouxland Hearing Healthcare is located at 2916 Hamilton Blvd., Lower C, Suite 103