Details for Long Seam Welder (Weekend Shift)
- Performs visual inspection of the entire length of each seam to identify areas requiring repair.
- Reads and interprets drawings and/or computer print out "flatsheets" to determine requirement for 100% penetration welds.
- Grinds and/or air-arc gouges areas as necessary in preparation for welding.
- Adjusts welding machine to achieve desired results within parameters of established welding procedures.
- Welds required areas, to obtain 100% penetration, using specified welding process (GMAW, and/or SAW,).
- Reads and interprets applicable specifications and welding codes and procedures to determine preheat requirements. Uses oxy-fuel heating torch to preheat work specified temperature. Uses instruments provided to measure temperature of the material.
- Reads and interprets work orders and daily production schedules. Writes entries on daily production log to show work completed.
- Uses overhead crane to position work in pole-rollers and to move completed poles to designated areas.
- Adds, subtracts, multiplies, and divides feet, inches, fractions, and decimals. Uses tables to convert fractions to decimals and decimals to fractions.
- Visually inspects his/her work to assure that welds have been completed satisfactorily in accordance with applicable drawings, specifications, and codes.
- Assists and instructs other welders when needed to overcome deficiencies in quality and/or productivity.
- Wears protective equipment including safety glasses, insulated welding gloves, leather sleeves, and/or cape, face shield, and welding hood to protect himself from hot metal, arc rays, grinding debris, and other potentially harmful conditions.
- Inspects end of poles for straightness and squareness of edge cuts. Trims and/or grinds as necessary, in order to leave ends suitable for shipment to customer, or for fit up base plates.
- Uses power drills to drill and/or ream holes in pole sections as required by drawings.
- Welds other products in his or her area using either GMAW process.
- Assembles two piece developments.
- Determines amperage and voltage settings, feed rate settings, required weld procedures, weld size and amount of penetration required.
- Grinds and/or cleans seams to ensure the required penetration and necessary UT quality weld.
- Performs daily, weekly, monthly operator preventive maintenance on seam weld machine.
- Adjust amperage, voltage, speed rates, and machine pressures constantly throughout the welding process to compensate for variations from the cutting and bending operations and the material variations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Apply in person or online at www.SabreIndustries.com/Careers.
7101 Southbridge Drive
Sioux City, IA 51111