Details for Material Handler - Shipping
- Moves and stacks materials.
- Performs receiving and pre-ship functions of all types of material. This would include duties such as verifying that all correct part numbers and quantities match the bundling sheets or BOLs.
- Interacts with drivers picking up or delivering product ensuring the proper product is loaded and or received and paperwork is completed with proper documentation and signatures.
- Operates material handling equipment to include but not limited to nail gun, banding equipment, radial arm saw, chop saw, chain saws along with other small hand tools.
- Ensures quality of shipped items by verifying and identifying information and quality/condition of items as well as taking steps necessary to protect items from damage while they are being loaded and transported to vendors and customers.
- Ensures that the material being received and shipped conforms to Sabre's or customer's requirements.
- Maintains a high degree of integrity with regards to professional behavior and safety.
- Contributes to a safe working environment by being responsible for quality, safety, organization, and cleanliness in your area of operation.
- Contributes to team effort by communicating and working well with others, as well as accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Performs majority of work in an outdoor environment and various weather conditions such as rain, sleet, snow, extreme cold and heat.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years recent experience working in a shipping/receiving environment desired.
- Must contribute to safety and quality control standards.
- Must demonstrate accuracy of work, good organization skills as well as the ability to work as a team player.
- Must be able to safely operate material handling equipment which could include pneumatic staple/nail gun, banding equipment, radial arm saw, chop saw and chain saw.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English with personnel, management, and supervisors via two-way radio and in person.
- Must be able to read and interpret Shipping Authorizations and Daily Ship Schedules.
- Valid driver license is preferred.
- Must be able and willing to perform majority of work in an outdoor environment and various weather conditions such as rain, sleet, snow, extreme cold and heat.
- Must be able to lift, push & pull material up to 50 pounds and routinely exert up to 30 pounds of physical force.
- Must has the ability to bend, stoop, kneel, climb, grasp and reach.
- Distant Vision: must be 20/40 or greater corrected or uncorrected in each eye. Near Vision: must be J2 or better corrected or uncorrected, 12 inches from face in each eye.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent