A police patrol car with fresh pink decals will soon be rolling around Sioux City in honor of cancer victims and survivors.
The department encourages cancer survivors who see the vehicle out in the community to take a photo with the vehicle and the officer, if available, and send it to the Sioux City Police Department Facebook page. The photo will then be displayed with the name of the survivor to help encourage continued cancer awareness.
The vehicle includes a special pink ribbon decal on the hood bearing the name of family members and friends of city employees who have been diagnosed with cancer.
Here's a closer look at the various elements included on the vehicle:
- 'To Screen and Prevent': New patrol car carries personal meaning for many city employees
- Police patrol car, decorated in pink, helps recognize cancer survivors
- A Nutcracker quiz
- The secrets of Laotian cuisine revealed
- 7 techniques to remember anything
- Grammy nominations: Record of the Year & Song of the Year
- If you're keeping score, this was event 5,000
- One dead following Rock Rapids crash