Sioux City businessman Fred T. Evans constructed the building that bears his name in 1890. The Richardsonian Romanesque structure was designed by architect Charles P. Brown and originally housed the Northwestern National Bank. After 1897 its primary occupant was the William Stephens Drug Store and for many years it was known as the Stephens’ Block. In 1919 the building became a hotel and it functioned in that capacity until 1954. The building housed Robe’s Furniture and a motorcycle club until 2006 when it was renovated for the Heidman Law Firm.