Lower Fourth Street

Designed by Sioux City architect Wilfred W. Beach, the Lee Block was constructed in 1911 as a multi-use commercial building. From the beginning it was home to a wide range of commercial enterprises including billiard halls, saloons, drug stores, furniture dealers, clothing shops and hardware stores. Notable occupants have been the O.P. Skaggs grocery store (1931-1951), the Scandinavian Bakery (1933-1973) and Cooper’s Market (1955-1992).

Digital editor