The Boston Investment Company financed the construction of the Plymouth Block in 1890. Architects Edward W. Loft and William McLaughlin designed the Romanesque structure to house both commercial and light manufacturing interests. It has been home to interests as diverse as saddle companies, clothing manufacturers, printers, hardware stores, the Sioux City College of Medicine and the Metropolitan Business College. It was renamed the Call Terminal Building in 1930 when it was purchased by local financier and real estate developer George C. Call. Shown in this photo are Econ Optical and Hardware Hank stores.