Fire stock

STORM LAKE, Iowa | Overheated wiring from a portable electric heater is believed to be the cause of a garage fire on Sunday morning.

Upon arrival at 5:23 a.m., firefighters observed an unattached garage at 424 Superior St. was fully engulfed in flames. 

Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire without further incident. Estimated at $15,000, the garage and its content were considered total losses.

No injuries were reported at the property, which is owned by Matthew DeWall, of Bellevue, Nebraska.

The Storm Lake Fire Department was assisted by the Storm Lake Police Police Department at the scene. 

0
0
0
0
0

Food and Lifestyles reporter

Load comments