Details for August Activities for Kids
August Activities for Kids
Get Ready for Back to School Time
It seems like yesterday the kids were throwing their backpacks into the closet and showing you their final report cards for the year.
But here we are again already. It's time to get ready for another school year. From free school supplies to sales tax holidays, there are plenty of ways to save money on back to school shopping. As you physically get ready to send your kids back to school, also prepare them to go back to school. Easing that back to school anxiety will make the first day and even the entire school year go much smoother.
National Smile Week
National Smile Week is celebrated during the 2nd week of August. There are a number of different ways you can celebrate and craft with your family for the occasion, including:
- Make a list of things that make you smile.
- Make a fun Emoji-themed craft.
- Make a collage using pictures of smiles cut out of magazines.
- Make smiley face masks using yellow paint and paper plates.
- Have a smile-off. See who can smile the longest. To make it harder, see who can smile the longest without laughing!
- Hold a non-smiling competition. Everyone sits and stares at each other without smiling. Whoever smiles is out. The last person not smiling wins.
- Have apple or orange "smiles" (slices) for a snack.
- Have a "Biggest Smile Contest."
515 Pavonia St.
Sioux City, IA 51102