Details for Our History - 1878
It all began in 1878 when a fire destroyed the St. Joseph, Michigan home of Edward Cook (E.C.) Palmer. Instead of rebuilding, the adventurous E.C. decided to pack up his family and move to the fast-growing frontier town of Sioux City, Iowa to purchase a wholesale grocery operation. In 1892, E.C.'s eldest son, William B. Palmer, decided to go into business and opened up a wholesale fruit company with his father and brother, forming Palmer and Company.
405 Wesley Parkway • Sioux City, IA