Details for Our History - 1900
Prior to the turn of the century, the Palmers identified the need to diversify and delved into the candy business, selling bulk and hard candy in wooden containers from the back of their fruit house. The company quickly outgrew its quarters and in 1900 moved into a new four-story building. They were extremely proud of their high-rise, modern facility that bragged such up-to-date technologies as ammonia cold storage and its own electric generator. The factory made fancy hand-dipped boxed chocolates, penny candy, gumdrops and marshmallows.
405 Wesley Parkway • Sioux City, IA