Details for Now hiring: Dryer Packager/Sanitarian-2nd shift
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that’s First in Food.
Responsible for overall equipment cleanliness and sanitation of dryer areas. Accountable for daily, weekly and monthly master sanitation schedules for dryer areas. Responsible for confirming and verifying final weights of finished products. And accountable for proper packaging, sealing, weights, labeling and stacking of finished product containers
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for overall equipment cleanliness and sanitation of dryer areas.
- Accountable for daily, weekly and monthly master sanitation schedules for dryer areas.
- Responsible for confirming and verifying final weights of finished products.
- Accountable for proper packaging, sealing, weights, labeling and stacking of finished product containers.
- Adheres to safe work practices, following GMP’s, maintaining sanitary conditions and ensuring that product quality is maintained. Reports to management if any conditions or practices may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures.
- Understands all SSOPs.
- Prepares and performs pre-operational inspections.
- Knows and understands the OEE target for the product being produced and what it means.
- Understands all required documentation for the production run and that all documents have to be verified by the supervisor or the lead at the end of each shift.
- Performs hourly case weight checks and has knowledge of corrective actions and notifications.
- Has an advanced mechanical troubleshooting ability and interaction with maintenance personnel.
- Follows start up and shutdown procedures.
- Monitors the packaging crew for quality and able to correct and notify of any deficiencies.
- Inspects sifter overflow and is able to identify issues and notifies the applicable party of any issues.
- Packages in all 3 dryers and keeps up to meet the OEE targets and the SSL tote filling operation. Able to perform other duties as assigned.
- Follows the proper sanitation procedures and breakdown at shutdown for either a Minor Shutdown or Major Shutdown.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Less than high school education.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Able to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Good communication skills, including effective communication at shift hand-off with the oncoming or off going shift.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Capable of performing these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to obtain a pallet mover license.
- Ability to obtain a forklift license (optional).
- Capability of stooping and bending while cleaning.
- Ability to work with water and chemicals.
- Able to climb steps and ladders.
- Ability to work in warm, noisy and sometimes dusty environments.
- Capable of lifting up to 75 pounds and up to 60 pounds repeatedly for 8 feet.
- Ability to stand on hard surfaces most of the shift.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willing to travel and work at multiple locations.
- Available to work weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively with others to complete work assignments.
- Open to change.
- Positive interpersonal relationships.
- Able to work independently and with others in a team environment.
- Self-motivated while also willing to ask questions and seek direction.
- Displays responsible behavior at work.
- Must be LOTO certified, Confined Space certified, Respiratory Certified.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
105 Main St
Wakefield, NE 68784