Our History - 1941
Details for Our History - 1941
The Palmers purchased Sioux City's Soo Candy Company and its peanut-roasting department in 1941. This was the beginning of the Palmer peanut and nutmeat business that still exists today. In 1956, the company purchased the candy division of the Johnson Biscuit Company, claiming the rights to the popular La Fama candy brand. At the same time, the company began purchasing candy from other manufacturers and expanded into the repack and rack business.
405 Wesley Parkway • Sioux City, IA