SIOUX CITY | Hirschbach Motor Lines will hold a grand opening at its new offices at 306 Virginia St. in downtown Sioux City from 4 to 6 p.m. Wednesday.
A ribbon-cutting ceremony is scheduled at 4 p.m. Refreshments will be served.
The long-haul trucking firm recently relocated its recruiting and operations personnel from South Sioux City to the office building at the corner of Fourth and Virginia streets, on the western edge of Sioux City's Historic Fourth District.
The company acquired the building from a limited liability company headed by local developer and Realtor Kyle Kelly. About six years ago, Kelly redeveloped the 1930s-era structure, a former auto parts store, into a contemporary, multi-tenant office building known as The 306.
The buyer, Hirshbach, was represented by Century 21 ProLink's Eric Banks, and the buyer by Kelly, Century ProLink's broker/owner.
The downtown Jitters location and the Sioux City district office for the Boy Scouts of America will remain tenants in the Virginia Street building.
East Dubuque, Ill.-based Hirschbach, founded in 1935 in northeast Nebraska, operates 550 trucks and 900 trailers. They primarily haul refrigerated or frozen food for customers that include Tyson Foods, Farmalnd Foods and Wal-Mart.
The Iowa Economic Development Authority Board in April approved $225,000 in tax incentives to assist in the relocation of 25 Hirschbach jobs from South Sioux to Sioux City. The Targeted Jobs Withholding Tax Credits, paid over eight years, would help finance the $850,000 project. The purchase of of the Virginia Street building represents the bulk of the expenses, according to documents provided by the IEDA.
The Targeted Jobs program allows new or expanding companies in Sioux City and other designated border cities to divert a portion of their tax payments for capital expenditures that retain or create new jobs.