In its day, there was no place in Sioux City bustling like the stockyards. Opened in 1887 and the largest stockyards in the world in 1973 based on salable receipts, the stockyards created an identity for Sioux City. The last livestock was sold when the stockyards closed on April 1, 2002.
As featured on
This story ran in the Sioux City Journal April 2, 2002.
Cramped for space, Echo Electric Supply looked to replace its Sioux City warehouse and distribution center.