SIOUX CITY — Briar Cliff University recognized six employees and one department with awards during a ceremony on Dec. 15 in the St. Francis Center on BCU’s campus.
• Bonaventure Award: Cathy Grimsley, B.S.N. program director and instructor of nursing
• Emerging Faculty Scholar Award: Daniel Jung, assistant professor of biology
• Distinguished Faculty Scholar Award: Susan Beidler, department chair and associate professor of nursing
• Distinguished Staff Award: Travis Anderson, information technology help desk manager
• Community Impact Award: Sister Shirley Fineran, director of field education and assistant professor of social work
• Clare Diversity Award: Jessica McCormick, director of academic achievement
• Briar Cliff University Innovation Award: Department of Physical Therapy
The University also recognized employees celebrating service milestones, a group that has served a combined 215 years at Briar Cliff:
• 25 years of service: Brian Hazlett, department chair and professor of biology, director of environmental science and director of the Center for Prairie Studies
• 20 years of service: Jeff Baldus, associate professor of art; Rose Molacek, director of extended campuses; Heather Nissen, director of talent search; Boyd Pitkin, head baseball coach; and Sister Ruth Schock, associate professor of education.
• 15 years of service: David Arens, assistant dean of student development and director of campus life.
• 10 years of service: Sean Burton, department chair and professor of music, director of choral activities and director of the Briar Cliff Jazz Ensemble; Amanda Cory, assistant director of talent search; Theresa Engle, department chair and associate professor of education; and Nic Nelson, athletic director.
• Five years of service: Jason Adams, associate professor of physical therapy; Travis Anderson, information technology help desk manager; Gregory Kenkel, assistant director of Roth Campus Bookstore; Shubha Krishnamurthy, software systems administrator; Erin Small, director of new student programs; Tina Stroud, vice president for university relations; and Kyle Wonders, residence life area coordinator and judicial conduct coordinator.