Celebration Announcement GuidelinesAll announcements are published on Sundays and must follow these guidelines:
- The anniversary announcements are for those married 25 years or more.
- Birthdays are for those 80 years and older.
- Birth announcements are limited to children under the age of 6 months.
FormsForms can be obtained for engagements, anniversaries, weddings, birthdays and birth announcements as follows:
- Online forms
- Download PDF forms
- All forms are available at front desk of the Sioux City Journal, 515 Pavonia St.
- Forms may be mailed, dropped at The Journal or submitted online
For questions CLICK HERE or call (712) 293-4215.
DeadlinesALL announcements need to be submitted 10 days prior to the Sunday publication date.
- If your photograph is copyrighted, you must have the permission of your photographer to publish your photos in the Journal.
- If a photo is used for anniversaries and birthdays, it needs to be a recent photo.
- Black and white or color photos may be used.
- In lieu of a height discrepancy, the most satisfactory photos are when the couple's heads and shoulders are close together.
- Please write the last name(s) of the couple on a small piece of paper taped to the back of the photo.
- Photos need to be left at The Journal and may be picked up after the announcement publication. Photographs not picked up after 6 months will be discarded.
- Photographs can be returned by mail if accompanied by a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
- The Sioux City Journal is not responsible for lost or damaged photographs.
- Photos may be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Call 712-293-4215 for more information.
Options and chargesThe Journal provides the following packages for publication of anniversaries, engagements, and weddings:
- Announcement without a photo. No charge
- Announcement with a small photo, $41
- Announcement with a large photo, $61
- There is no charge for birthday or birth announcements.
The Sioux City Journal, P.O. Box 118, Sioux City, Iowa 51102
Telephone: (712) 293-4215 or 1-800-397-9820, ext. 4215