Photo Credit: Andy Ennis / Alamy Stock Photo
- Public transit approval rating among residents: 75.7%
- Annual trips per person (all residents): 48
- Percentage of workers who commute by public transit: 4.8%
- Stations that are ADA accessible: 100%
- Miles traveled using electric power: 9.9%
Los Angeles may be infamous for its congested traffic and heavy smog, but more than 75 percent of Los Angeles residents approve of the city’s public transit options. For example, the Los Angeles Metro runs buses and subway lines throughout the greater Los Angeles County area.
Likewise, the LA Department of Transportation offers DASH buses and Commuter Express buses that connect residents to different Los Angeles neighborhoods and surrounding cities. Students from kindergarten through college are eligible for reduced fares on the TAP card, which can be used on most of the city’s transit lines.