SERGEANT BLUFF -- The Flatbed Services building in the Sioux City metro industrial area was left a smoldering wreck after a Friday morning blaze.
Sioux City Fire Rescue crews were called to the blaze at 2260 Andrew Ave. at around 5:57 a.m. Friday. Sioux City Fire Rescue Assistant Chief Frank Fulton said later Friday morning that the building was a total loss.
Fulton said the business offered repairs for flatbeds and large trucks. A few flatbeds and some other equipment were inside the structure at the time of the fire.
An incident that officials believe resulted in Davenport's death occurred while he was visiting a house he rented to others. At around 11 p.m. Thursday, occupants of the rental home had called 911 to report a "man down," authorities said.