SIOUX CITY | A garage and two vehicles that were parked inside sustained extensive damage in a fire late Tuesday morning.
Sioux City Fire Rescue responded to reports of a garage fire in the 2000 block of South Palmetto Street shortly before noon Tuesday.
Capt. Tom Standish, deputy fire marshal with SCFR, said the crews arrived on scene to see visible flames and quickly put the fire out. The fire damaged large portions of the roof and walls at the center of the structure.
You have free articles remaining.
Standish said the cause appears to have been electrical.
"The property owner stated that him and a neighbor were in the garage just prior to the fire, and when they noticed the fire they called 911," Standish said.
No one was injured due to the fire. An elderly woman residing at the home was transported to a local hospital by paramedics, but Standish said she was not involved in the fire and was in the home at the time. He did not know her condition.
Two vehicles inside the garage sustained extensive damage, Standish said. He said there were also propane tanks located inside the garage, but they did not ignite.