LAWTON, Iowa -- Authorities have released the identity of a
10-year-old boy who was killed Sunday in an ATV crash just west of Lawton.
At 3:20 p.m., Woodbury County Sheriff's deputies and the Lawton Ambulance crew responded to a rural residence in the 7600 block of Correctionville Road.
According to a statement from the Woodbury County Sheriff's Office, Bryce Clausen, of Lawton, was operating an ATV on private property when the vehicle rolled and he was fatally injured.
Sioux City Motor Sales Co.
Sioux City Motor Sales Co. at 317-319 5th St. with Haynes race car, ca. 1920.
William Warnock Co.
Display of William Warnock Co. Dort and Liberty passenger cars at the Interstate Fair in South Riverside, ca. 1920.
Barney’s pharmacy (called “Morningside Pharmacy” in the early 1920s) can be seen on the other side of Morningside State Bank.
East Bottoms 1920-1939
The East Bottoms neighborhood in Sioux City.
Downtown Sioux City
A rooftop view of downtown Sioux City. The Badgerow Building is the tall building at the right.
Ryal Miller Chevrolet
Ryal Miller Chevrolet at 5th Street and Nebraska Street, ca. 1920.
The Interstate Fair midway is shown circa 1920.
Illegal still 1920
Police collect evidence from an illegal still circa 1920.
St. Vincent Hospital 1920
Rose O’Connor distributes books at St. Vincent Hospital as part of a program to help WW I veterans in this photo from 1920. This program, started in 1919, was among the first of its kind in the nation, partnering the public Sioux City Library Hospital Service with a private hospital. Interestingly, the carts used by the library service were manufactured by local woodworking Company Soiset Brothers.
Northwestern Bell Telephone
This photo, taken in the late 1920s, shows the Northwestern Bell Telephone company. The building, located at Ninth and Douglas streets, houses much of the equipment of the telephone company, as well as the long distance switchboard and the company's business offices. The building was completed in 1927, after the Bell Telephone company absorbed the lines and dial equipment of the Sioux City Telephone company.
Leeds swimming pool
The original pool in Leeds opened in the 1920s. The old pool house was torn down decades later, and a new one constructed. It opened to the public May 27, 2000.
Businesses in the Morningside neighborhood included Thayer Hardware and Park Cafe.
A view of the Morningside neighborhood.
There was plenty of wholesome family fun in Riverside, including a swimming pool, built in the 1920s. It was demolished 68 years later to make way for the new aquatic center.
Famous Diving Elks
An elk dives into the Big Sioux River in Sioux City in this undated photo. "The Famous Diving Elks" were an attraction from 1900 to 1920.
Railroad workers unload refrigerated cars at a Sioux City packing house around 1920.
Sioux City jail
The old Sioux City jail is shown in about 1920.
1921 Trinity basketball
The Trinity basketball team in 1921.
Morningside College/Sioux City Symphony Orchestra
The Morningside College/Sioux City Symphony Orchestra in 1922.
Knoepfler Historical Photos
Founded in 1922 as Ryal Miller-Kidder Chevrolet Co., Knoepfler Chevrolet recently celebrated its 95th anniversary and is thought to be Sioux City's oldest continuous auto dealership.
Knoepfler historical photos
A view of Knoepfler's used car selection in the 1920s.
Danish Lutheran Church
Danish Lutheran Church is shown in 1922.
Fire House No. 1
Fire House No. 1 is shown.
Great Northern railroad switch yards
The Great Northern rail yards are shown north of 18th Street in 1922. Decades later, a Sioux City resident purchased a former railway depot and turned it into a residence.
War Eagle monument erected in 1922
A monument dedicated to Chief War Eagle in Sioux City is shown. It was erected in 1922.
Fire Station No. 1
Sioux City Fire Station No. 1 firemen practice their ladder skills. The building is still standing at 408 Water St.
North Junior High
North Junior High was located on the west side of Nebraska Street between 25th and 26th streets, where North Park/Brookdale Living is today. It closed in the early 1980s when the district changed the school’s grade levels (when junior high schools became middle schools). It was torn down in 1992.
Graceland Park flags
The Legion Field of Honor is shown at Graceland Park Cemetery in Sioux City in this undated photo from "For God and Country," a book published in 1923 by the American Legion Monahan Post No. 64.
Men's Bible Class
Members of the 1923 Men's Bible Class at First Presbyterian Church are shown on the steps of the church located at 6th and Nebraska streets. The Rev. Edwin F. Rippey, the second from the left in the second row, was the minister at First Presbyterian Church and Melvin G. Clark, second from the left in the first row, served as the class leader.
The Public Library was located at Sixth and Jackson streets. This photo was taken in 1925.
The Howard Hotel in Sioux City is shown in 1925. The site today is the parking lot in front of Wells Fargo Bank and HoChunk Centre, 300 Nebraska St.
Sioux City Fire Department
Firemen aboard their fire truck in 1925.
The Interstate Fair boasted having some of the greatest agricultural exhibitions in the Midwest, drawing in thousands each fall from 1903 to 1926.
After the Interstate Fair ended in 1926, a new form of entertainment came to the Riverside neighborhood: midget auto racing.
Flagmen work main street crossings
A railroad flagman house is shown in the Sioux City switchyards. The photo was taken by John Frost in 1926.
Floyd River flood
Turbulent waters rage along the Floyd River in the 1926 flood in Sioux City.
Sioux City flooding
A photo is taken in 1926 in Sioux City streets after major flooding.
View of downtown looking toward the flooded area in the 1926 Sioux City flood.
Swift packing plant
The Swift packing plant, located in the Sioux City stockyards, is shown underwater in the Floyd river flood of 1926.
Lower Fourth Street
Aalfs Manufacturing has occupied the Boston Block on Historic Fourth Street since 1929.