Skip to main content
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit
South Dakota man injured in home furnace explosion
AP

South Dakota man injured in home furnace explosion

  • Updated
{{featured_button_text}}
Ambulance

BUTLER, S.D. (AP) — Authorities say a South Dakota man was taken to a Minnesota burn center after he was injured in an explosion at his home.

Day County Sheriff Ryan Rucktaeschel says the Butler man was trying to light his furnace Thursday morning when something went wrong.

The unidentified man was the only one home at the time. The sheriff says the man was first taken to a hospital in Webster and then transported to a burn center in Minnesota. His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.

The Aberdeen News reports the explosion caused extensive damage to the house, including blown-out windows. Area residents helped board up the house.

———

Information from: Aberdeen American News, http://www.aberdeennews.com

Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

0
0
0
0
0

Be the first to know

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Related to this story

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

News Alerts

Breaking News