You are the owner of this article.
Siouxland Strange: Retaining wall stops run from police

Siouxland Strange: Retaining wall stops run from police


Back to prison

You've got to watch those retaining walls when you're trying to outrun the cops. 

According to a criminal complaint, at around 3:17 a.m. July 6, a Sioux City Police officer saw 25-year-old Taylor Lindgren of Sioux City sitting in the passenger seat of a 2001 Jeep parked in an alley in the 1300 block of Jackson Street. An unidentified male party was seen crouched down next to the driver's door. 

The pair tried to walk away from the vehicle as the officer approached them, suspecting they were trying to break into the vehicle. Lindgren told the officer she did not know the name of the owner, and tried to grab several bags from the vehicle and walk away. 

When the officer told Lindgren she was not free to go, she tried to run northbound and fell off a retaining wall. 

Lindgren, who was already facing other warrants, was arrested. She had 0.67 grams of methamphetamine in her purse, as well as a switchblade and several syringes with residue. 

She told officers her name was "Ashley Horn" and gave a date of birth roughly four years younger than her actual one. Lindgren later admitted she had lied, that she had warrants, and said she was "going back to prison." 

Lindgren was booked into the Woodbury County Jail on $9,500 bond and faces charges including simple eluding, possession of drugs and possession of drug paraphernalia, carrying a weapon, interference with official acts and providing false ID. 

Her freedom is gone with the wind

The long arm of the law finally caught up with Ashley Scarlett. 

Plymouth County authorities on July 3 arrested a Le Mars woman who had been wanted for her role in a robbery and assault last September.

Ashley Scarlett, 28, was wanted on charges of second-degree robbery, second-degree burglary, third-degree criminal mischief and false imprisonment. She was being held in the Plymouth County Jail on a $50,000 bond.

According to court documents, Scarlett and Chase Kounkel called the victim on Sept. 29 to tell him they were coming to his Le Mars home. Upon arrival, court documents said, Kounkel punched the victim and he and Scarlett took several items from the house. They then forced the victim to get in his car and drive Kounkel to another residence while Scarlett followed in her vehicle with the stolen items.

At the second location, court documents said, Kounkel again assaulted the victim and Scarlett broke three windows out of the victim's vehicle before the two fled.

Get Breaking News delivered directly to you.

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Related to this story

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.


News Alerts

Breaking News